Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert Number to Words

Does MS Excel have any tool wherby a number can be converted to words, Eg.,
12345 be converted to Twelve Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Five etc.?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See

"Siddhartha Neogi" wrote:

Does MS Excel have any tool wherby a number can be converted to words, Eg.,
12345 be converted to Twelve Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Five etc.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Please and please tell me how to conver a number into words.

for eg., 2500 has to be shown as Two Thousand Five Hundred

With expectation,
RANJU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Siddhartha Neogi" wrote:

Does MS Excel have any tool wherby a number can be converted to words, Eg.,
12345 be converted to Twelve Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Five etc.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Saved from an earlier reply:
Numbers to words
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html
1E+15 Error (Absolute amount 999999999999999)! <<<<<
0,123 Zero Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
-1 Minus One Dollar and Zero Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
-20,123 Minus Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents (rounded)
1,01 One Dollar and One Cent
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and One Cent

http://www.contextures.com/excelfilesRon.html (VBA)
1E+15 #ZAHL!
0,123 No Dollars and No Cents
-1 #WERT!
20,123 Twenty Dollars and No Cents
-20,123 #WERT!
1,01 One Dollar and No Cents
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and No Cents

1E+15 Hundred Fifteen Dollars and No Cents
0,123 No Dollars and Twelve Cents
-1 One Dollar and No Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
-20,123 Hundred Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm
1E+15 Hundred Fifteen Dollars and No Cents
0,123 No Dollars and Twelve Cents
-1 One Dollar and No Cents
20,123 Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
-20,123 Hundred Twenty Dollars and Twelve Cents
1,01 One Dollar and One Cent
1000001,01 One Million One Dollars and One Cent

Please note that in German Excel the "," represents the "." but you
should get similar results.
IMHO any serious spellnumber function should check its inputs
thoroughly and all your suggested versions DON'T (to be fair to
XLDynamics, I did not check recently, so that's maybe an outdated
status of information).

Bernd Plumhoff

Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Hitesh Jain" <Hitesh wrote in message

"Siddhartha Neogi" wrote:

Does MS Excel have any tool wherby a number can be converted to words,
Eg.,
12345 be converted to Twelve Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Five etc.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not all the listed function return values are incorrect, right? If they are,
I'd be interested in what you would expect them to be.

As an aside, here is a link to a numbers-to-text conversion function that I
wrote some 10 years ago now (wow, has it really been *that* long)...

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/helpers/numbertotext.htm

Oh, and anyone reading this... you can ignore the restriction about using
the code in non-commercial applications only... I haven't enforced that for
years now.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Siddhartha Neogi" wrote:

Does MS Excel have any tool wherby a number can be converted to words,
Eg.,
12345 be converted to Twelve Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Five etc.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oh, and I forgot to mention... the code at the link I gave you works fine in
Excel's VBA world and also works fine as a User Defined Function (UDF) as
well.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)