Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying From Closed Workbooks

Hi,
I have a macro which pulls columns of data from closed workbooks in for
example C:\Data. Everything works fine except for one column which could
have numbers and text. This is a Bill of Materials application and that
column contains quantities except when the quantities are to be determined -
then there is a "TBD" in that column. From my understanding, Excel will
bring in whatever the majority data type is in the column. I cannot change
anything in the closed workbooks I am using. If this is truly a limitation
of Excel, does anyone have any ideas how to get around it? Your responses
are appreciated.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You use ADO I think and yes this is a limitation

See my site for other examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mike" wrote in message et...
Hi,
I have a macro which pulls columns of data from closed workbooks in for example C:\Data. Everything works fine except for one
column which could have numbers and text. This is a Bill of Materials application and that column contains quantities except when
the quantities are to be determined - then there is a "TBD" in that column. From my understanding, Excel will bring in whatever
the majority data type is in the column. I cannot change anything in the closed workbooks I am using. If this is truly a
limitation of Excel, does anyone have any ideas how to get around it? Your responses are appreciated.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike

You can use this