Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get my function to subtract .5?

Hello. I am working on an attendance sheet and am trying to figure out how
to subtract .5 from my total when calculating vacation days. I currently am
using the formula C6=COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6, "v"). This way if I use the value "v"
on any of the dates, it counts it toward vacation days used. My problem is
that we allow employees to also use 1/2 days of vacation. What do I need to
do to allow the count to subtract .5 when using the variable "hv" for half
days of vacation?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6,"v") - COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6,"hv")*0.5

Hope this helps.

Pete

etabolt wrote:
Hello. I am working on an attendance sheet and am trying to figure out how
to subtract .5 from my total when calculating vacation days. I currently am
using the formula C6=COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6, "v"). This way if I use the value "v"
on any of the dates, it counts it toward vacation days used. My problem is
that we allow employees to also use 1/2 days of vacation. What do I need to
do to allow the count to subtract .5 when using the variable "hv" for half
days of vacation?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much, David! This formula was exactly what I needed :)

"etabolt" wrote:

Hello. I am working on an attendance sheet and am trying to figure out how
to subtract .5 from my total when calculating vacation days. I currently am
using the formula C6=COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6, "v"). This way if I use the value "v"
on any of the dates, it counts it toward vacation days used. My problem is
that we allow employees to also use 1/2 days of vacation. What do I need to
do to allow the count to subtract .5 when using the variable "hv" for half
days of vacation?

Fill Function to next Column shital shah Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 16th 06 02:53 PM
How do i subtract cells in an IF function? Ryan Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 9th 06 04:33 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM