Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default How do I get my function to subtract .5?

=SUMPRODUCT(($G6:$CQ6="V")+($G6:$CQ6="hv")*0.5)

Dave

"etabolt" wrote:

Hello. I am working on an attendance sheet and am trying to figure out how
to subtract .5 from my total when calculating vacation days. I currently am
using the formula C6=COUNTIF($G6:$CQ6, "v"). This way if I use the value "v"
on any of the dates, it counts it toward vacation days used. My problem is
that we allow employees to also use 1/2 days of vacation. What do I need to
do to allow the count to subtract .5 when using the variable "hv" for half
days of vacation?