Junior Member

Default Combo Box

Is there a way that when you choose a field in a combo box you can use that in a formula? I have 9 different options in the combo box and I want to tie each option to a number and have the number associated with that option to show up in another cell. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Renee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assuming you're referring to a forms combo box (drawn from the forms
toolbar), just right-click on the combo box Format Control, and then point
the cell link to a desired cell, say: A1. The numbers: 1,2,3 ... 9 will
appear in A1 corresponding to the selection made in the combo box droplist:
top item - 1, 2nd item - 2, and so on
--
Max
Singapore