ELMONDO SNITHER

Default Nesting Combo Boxes /Returning an Array

I name all Excel cells to make it easier for my simple mind. I do not
know Visual Basic.

*Combo Box 1 *
I have set up a simple combo box that returns a single "text" value
based upon the generated value in the format control box wizard.
Input range is list1
List1 is a range of cell that indicates the initial choices that can be
made.
Cell link = Result1 (this is where the result is placed by the combo
box)

List2 is a range of cells that give all possible results for Combo
Box1.
If you selected Thing 2 in Combo Box 1 you get the value of 1, which is
the second value from List2) as a result. Using the formula =INDEX
(List2,Result1). List2 is the list of all possible result values based
on selection in combo box 1 and Result1 is the value of generated by the
combo box. This gives me the text equivalent of the value generated as
Result1.

*In Combo Box 2 * (a subset for Combo Box 1)
Input range is Result1
Cell link is Result2

I need to get an Array as a result to Combo Box 2 and not a single
value.
Based on the choice of X in Combo Box 1 I will have multiple options
for Combo Box 2. If I decide to play golf, I'll need clubs, a ball, a
cart and beer. If I decide to go to the lake, I'll need swim trunks, a
boat, suntan lotion and beer.

Would someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks!

--
ELMONDO SNITHER
ELMONDO SNITHER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24755