Defoes Right Boot

Default How do I autofill combo boxes with their destination cell?

I have a combo box in cell A1 with its destination cell set as B1; I can
auto-copy the combo box using the normal drag & drop autofill to get new
combo boxes all the way down column A, but the destination cell for all the
new combo boxes is still set as B1.

Is there any way I can get it to automatically increase the row number of
the destination cell for each new combo box (I have about 2000 rows to do so
don't really want to have to go into each one to manually set the destination
cell!)

Any help very much appreciated!
Arvi Laanemets

Use relative reference instead of absolute, i.e.
=B1 or =$B1
instead of
=$B$1
as data validation source in A1.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Defoes Right Boot" wrote in
message ...
I have a combo box in cell A1 with its destination cell set as B1; I can
auto-copy the combo box using the normal drag & drop autofill to get new
combo boxes all the way down column A, but the destination cell for all

the
new combo boxes is still set as B1.

Is there any way I can get it to automatically increase the row number of
the destination cell for each new combo box (I have about 2000 rows to do

so
don't really want to have to go into each one to manually set the

destination
cell!)

Any help very much appreciated!

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Then celect cell B1 and define a named range p.e. ListSource with RefersTo
field
=SheetName!$B1
(Replace sheet name here accordingly to real one. And don't forget to make
the row reference relative!)

For A1, set list source to
=ListSource
and copy A1 down.