Ken White

Default Formulas appear on worksheet

Hi ... and thanks for being there!

For some reason (and suddenly), when I type a formula into the bar it
appears on the worksheet ... and will not go away; nor will the formula work
(because the formula won't go away)... even though it is right.

Have I inadvertantly re-set something (or not set something) incorrectly?

This is really most aggravating (and embarrasing) and I really need your
assistance dealing with it since it has wasted hours and hours of my time
trying to overcome.

Thanks,

Ken White
Aladin Akyurek

Couple of things:

1] Check whether the Formulas option is activated on Options|View.

2] In case the formula cells are text-formatted, try:

Run Edit|Find

Set Find What to:

=

and Replace With to:

=

Activate the Replace All button.

Ken White wrote:
Hi ... and thanks for being there!

For some reason (and suddenly), when I type a formula into the bar it
appears on the worksheet ... and will not go away; nor will the formula work
(because the formula won't go away)... even though it is right.

Have I inadvertantly re-set something (or not set something) incorrectly?

This is really most aggravating (and embarrasing) and I really need your
assistance dealing with it since it has wasted hours and hours of my time
trying to overcome.

Thanks,

Ken White

Ragdyer

Look at:
<Tools <Options <View tab,
And make sure that "Formulas" is *UNchecked*.

If it already is unchecked, try this:

Select the cell with the "bad " formula, then:
<Ctrl <Shift <~
Then,
<F2
Then
<Enter

What you did here was format the cell to "General", then re-entered it.
--

HTH,

RD