Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i countif on multiple criterea?

I would like to know how to count if 2 criterea are true in a range of cells
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(rng1="text"),--(rng2=number))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dan Shoemaker" wrote in message
I would like to know how to count if 2 criterea are true in a range of

cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Dan Shoemaker" wrote:

TY

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(rng1="text"),--(rng2=number))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dan Shoemaker" wrote in message
I would like to know how to count if 2 criterea are true in a range of

cells

I was wondering if 3 or more critereas are true in a range of cells... how can i get them to count value of 1... instead of 3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Continuing with what Bob told you, you can add as many criteria as you
wish
=SUMPRODUCT(--(rng1="text"),--(rng2=number),--(rng3=number),--(rng4="text"))

Each test will return True or False.
The double unary minus will coerce True's to 1's and False's to 0's.
Multiplying them together, it is only all 1's that will return a value
of 1, any 0 will make the whole sum 0.
So Sumproduct is adding only the values where all tests are true, and
therefore giving your Count.

--
Regards

Roger Govier