Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel "IF" function

I need a formula that will, for example, if F4 on Worksheet 1 is 49999, it
will display the entire row 4 on another worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Where on the worksheet should the row appear? If it is row 4 in the
original is it ok for it to be row for in the target worksheet? If so
you can use a very simple IF statement as an array formula. The
formula would be something like this

=IF(Sheet2!$D249999,Sheet2!A2,"") entered into cell A2 on the target
worksheet and entered using CSE (Ctl-Shft-Enter). Then you can copy
this formula to all the cells and rows in the target sheet and only the
rows that meet the criteria will appear.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574187

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I'll have the target worksheet formatted the same, but when I tried
that formula, it only displays the first column in the target, instead of the
whole row. I have all the cells listed in the formula, but they don't show.

"Excelenator" wrote:

Where on the worksheet should the row appear? If it is row 4 in the
original is it ok for it to be row for in the target worksheet? If so
you can use a very simple IF statement as an array formula. The
formula would be something like this

=IF(Sheet2!$D249999,Sheet2!A2,"") entered into cell A2 on the target
worksheet and entered using CSE (Ctl-Shft-Enter). Then you can copy
this formula to all the cells and rows in the target sheet and only the
rows that meet the criteria will appear.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574187

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Once you enter the formula in cell A2 you have to copy it to all rows
and columns of your data. If your original data is in cells A2:G30
then you have to copy the formula to cells A2:G30 in your target
worksheet as well.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574187

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, I don't think that will get me what I need anyway. I need a formula that
says, "hey, the data entered in D6 is =/ 50,000, so I need to copy all of
Row 6 onto another worksheet". Is that possible? It seems like it would be.
But I think that the formula needs to be in D6, and not in the other
worksheet.