Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default condtional formatting not working

I have a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting where as when you press
enter it goes into a specific cell (throughout the whole spreadsheet). I have
some people that it works with and others that it won't work with. I have
updated the ones that don't work with the latest microsoft updates but no
luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you'll need to describe your problem a bit more clearly, as it
makes no sense to me at the moment - mind you, it is a bit late here,
so someone else might understand what you have written.

Pete

Anzley wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting where as when you press
enter it goes into a specific cell (throughout the whole spreadsheet). I have
some people that it works with and others that it won't work with. I have
updated the ones that don't work with the latest microsoft updates but no
luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry for not being clearer, hope this description is better...

I have a spreadsheet which has been set up, so when I select into cell A1
(type what I need to) and then press enter, the next cell that is selected is
A2, from there (I enter what I need to) press enter and the next cell that is
selected is B1, from there when I press enter, the next cell that is selected
is B2. And so on...
This is a document that sits on our shared drive, and for some reason when
certain people access the document the conditional formatting above works,
however when other people access it, it won't work for them. I am assuming
the problem is more related to the people it is not working for rather than
the document, so I have downloaded all the latest add ins and updates for
Office and Excel (and still no luck), not sure what else to try. I am not
sure if there is just something in the settings that I need to enable, sorry
I am only an intermediate Excel user.

Anzley wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting where as when you press
enter it goes into a specific cell (throughout the whole spreadsheet). I have
some people that it works with and others that it won't work with. I have
updated the ones that don't work with the latest microsoft updates but no
luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Anzley

Conditional Formatting has nothing to with the order that your ENTER key moves
through a table.

Tab order can be set by several methods, none of which is CF.

There are a few methods shown at Bob Phillips' site.

There is another method that involves event code in VBA.

If you prefer that, I can post it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP