Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate Based on Drop Down Item Selected

I have a cost estimation worksheet that includes a drop down list. When
the user selects from the list, I want to apply a factor based on their
selection and multiply it by a total (on a different worksheet). For
example, if they select "Low" from the list, I want to multiply 10% by
a total cost cell (which is on a different worksheet) and put the
result in a different cell.

How do I do this?

--
JenB
JenB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37719

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your drop-down is in cell A1, calc could be:

=IF(A1="Low",B1*OtherSheet!A1,IF(A1="Mid",B1*Other Sheet!A2,IF(A1="High",B1*OtherSheet!A3,"")))

So if A1 reads "High" the calc multiplies B1 by cell A1, if A1 says "Mid" it
multiplies B1 by A2, if A1 says "High" it multiplies B1 by A3, and if it is
empty, then it does nothing.