Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
milkman

Default refer to drop down item as a sheet reference in a formula

I want to use a drop down list of names to cause the formulas in excel to
look on a sheet in the same work book with the same tab name as the drop down
name chosen and place the data found in a particular cell in the appropriate
cell on the sheet with the drop down. Each of the other sheets are data
concerning only one name per sheet. I am using 2003 version in xp.
I hope this makes sense to whom ever would like to field the question.
Thanks!
Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

If I understand you correctly...

Assume dropdown in A1, and the "particular cell" on the sheets is J10.

=INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!J10")

In article ,
"milkman" wrote:

I want to use a drop down list of names to cause the formulas in excel to
look on a sheet in the same work book with the same tab name as the drop down
name chosen and place the data found in a particular cell in the appropriate
cell on the sheet with the drop down. Each of the other sheets are data
concerning only one name per sheet. I am using 2003 version in xp.
I hope this makes sense to whom ever would like to field the question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
milkman

JE McGimpsey, That was the answer to my problem. Many Thanks.
I do have one more issue now. When I try to fill series in the columns the
fixed ref increases by 1 step instead of the variable ref (the one for the
data base for the name chosen). Would appreciate help with this. Otherwise
thanks again and have a good day!
Ed