Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default + prefix on positive numbers

Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is it
possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive numbers
automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is it
possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive numbers
automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

+#.##0;-#.##0

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Frank,

Thanks for that it works great.

Cheers,

Aaron.
Franz Verga wrote:
Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is it
possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive numbers
automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

+#.##0;-#.##0

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just noticed that, it gets rid of the 0 before a fractional number.
So +1.3 is fine but 0.3 becomes +.3.

Is there a way of having it not remove the first 0?

Cheers,

Aaron.

Franz Verga wrote:
Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is it
possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive numbers
automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

+#.##0;-#.##0

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Slashman wrote:
I just noticed that, it gets rid of the 0 before a fractional number.
So +1.3 is fine but 0.3 becomes +.3.

Is there a way of having it not remove the first 0?

Yes, use:

+#.##0.#;-#.##0.# or better +#.##0.0;-#.##0.0

Franz Verga wrote:
Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is
it possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive
numbers automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

+#.##0;-#.##0

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I wonder if the period of the end of sentence made you change the formatting to
include multiple decimal points.

I would have guessed something like:

+0.000;-0.000

would be ok.

Franz Verga wrote:
Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is
it possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive
numbers automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

+#.##0;-#.##0

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Slashman Wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is it
possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive numbers
automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.Hi Slashman,

To add to the other great responces.
Puts a plus sign in front of positive amounts, a minus before
negatives, and nothing in front of zeroes.

something like:

0.3 becomes +0.3 or as in the second line +0.30

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572870