Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga Franz Verga is offline

Default + prefix on positive numbers

Slashman wrote:
I just noticed that, it gets rid of the 0 before a fractional number.
So +1.3 is fine but 0.3 becomes +.3.

Is there a way of having it not remove the first 0?

Yes, use:

+#.##0.#;-#.##0.# or better +#.##0.0;-#.##0.0

Slashman wrote:
Hi Frank,

Thanks for that it works great.

Cheers,

Aaron.
Franz Verga wrote:
Slashman wrote:
Hi,

I know excel displays negative numbers prefixed with a - sign, is
it possible to easily have excel put a + sign before positive
numbers automatically?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

you can build a custom format.

From menu Format, Cells select Number tab, then choose Custom under
Categories and type:

under Type.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy