Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "CONTAINS" operator?

Hi Marcelo,

I just assumed that the OP would want to take some action based upon the
test, not that he just wanted True/False.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Marcelo" wrote in message
hi Bob,

just to clarify my mind and learn more with you.

why did you use IF(isnumber....instead of isnumber?

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Bob Phillips" escreveu:

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("ORDER",A1)),...

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave Bilger"
wrote in message

I am using excel 2002. I want a cell to use conditional formating,
whereby say IF CELL A1 CONTAINS "ORDER" THEN A2 WILL TURN A SPECIFIC
COLOR.

I can easily figure this out if A1 EQUALS "ORDER", but can't figure

out
the operator or trick for CONTAINS ...

I've tried =A1="*ORDER*" but it doesn't work . . .

Can anyone help me?

--
Dave Bilger

Dave Bilger's Profile: