Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to add a variable as a parameter for a link?

Will it be possible to add a variable as a parameter for the link? as shown
below format, therefore, I can change its parameter based on certain cell
value to link different spreadsheets? for example

Original
'[filename.xls]6220.HK'!$E$2

Modified approach
'[filename.xls]C2.HK'!$E$2 , where C2 = 6220, which equals to linking
'[filename.xls]6220.HK'!$E$2

Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use INDIRECT

=INDIRECT("'[filename.xls]"&C2&".HK'!$E$2")

note that the workbook needs to be open

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(remove ^^ from email)

"Eric" wrote in message
Will it be possible to add a variable as a parameter for the link? as
shown
below format, therefore, I can change its parameter based on certain cell
value to link different spreadsheets? for example

Original
'[filename.xls]6220.HK'!$E$2

Modified approach
'[filename.xls]C2.HK'!$E$2 , where C2 = 6220, which equals to linking
'[filename.xls]6220.HK'!$E$2

Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions