Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default net present value

Excel stops calculating NPV at the end of 29 periods/years. How do I find
tables that go up to 40 years?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is not true. You can calculate NPV for hundreds of periods.

NPV will accept up to 29 *ranges* of cash flows. Each range can be as big as you
want.

So simply put your 40 years into one range, as in:

=npv(rate,a1:a40)

Fred