Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sort Formulas?

Is there a way that I can sort data on one sheet and have the formulas
that link to this data automatically update?

Sheet 1
___A___B___
1__82_____
2__40_____
3__77_____

Sheet 2
________A__________B____________C_______
1__=Sheet1!A1___=Sheet1!A2___=Sheet1!A3__

Sort Column A, Sheet 1 Ascending
1__40
2__77
3__82

Sheet 2 Updates
1__=Sheet1!A2___=Sheet1!A3___=Sheet1!A1

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

There may be a better way, but you could use a helper column in both
worksheets.

In the helper column on Sheet1, number 1, 2, 3, etc.
A B
1 40
2 77
3 82

Put the same helper column on Sheet2, then use
=VLOOKUP(A1, Sheet1!A$1:B$3, 2, 0)

When you sort the data on Sheet1, include the helper column in the sort.