Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Help

Dear all,

I do have a file containing cheques value as by encoded it shows figures in
dollers & sents without decimal points. I want to convert it to value with
decimal points.

value value to be converted into

50000 500.00

I tried by formatting it to Number with 2 decimal points by it adds 2 more
Zeros and value looks 50000.00. I tried a lot but nothing happening please
help me.

Thanks in advance,

Aarif
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"aarif" skrev i en meddelelse
Dear all,

I do have a file containing cheques value as by encoded it shows figures
in
dollers & sents without decimal points. I want to convert it to value with
decimal points.

value value to be converted into

50000 500.00

I tried by formatting it to Number with 2 decimal points by it adds 2 more
Zeros and value looks 50000.00. I tried a lot but nothing happening please
help me.

Thanks in advance,

Aarif

Hello Aarif

You can't do it with formatting. Formatting doesn't change the underlying
value, it just displays it in different clothings so to speak.
Try this setup:

In A2: 50000
In B2: =A2/2

Format B2 with 2 decimals.

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, it should of course be:

In A2: 50000
In B2: =A2/100

Format B2 with 2 decimals.

Leo Heuser

"Leo Heuser" skrev i en meddelelse
"aarif" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Loe,

Thanks a lot for helping me and for helping so quickly because I have to
complete my work in today itself and did not know how to make it possible.

I was not expected that anyone will reply me so quickly.

You saved my life. Thank you very very much.

Aarif

"aarif" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Without formulas..................

Enter 100 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your other numbers and Paste SpecialDivideOKEsc.

Dekete the cell with 100

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP