Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reverse a spreadsheet reversing columns and rows?

I have a spreadsheet witn 30 columns and 15 rows with data and want to flip
it so that the columns become the rows and vice versa.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using Excel's TRANSPOSE function. Look it up in Excel help. Remember to
enter the formula with the Control-Shift-Enter keys (Not just the enter key
by itself). You also have to select a range of cells for the answer.

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

"Becca" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet witn 30 columns and 15 rows with data and want to flip
it so that the columns become the rows and vice versa.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select your *entire* datalist, say A1 to AD15.

Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".

Now, right click in the top left cell of the *new* location (*no* overlap),
OR ... navigate to another sheet,
Then choose "Paste Special",
Click on "Transpose", then <OK,
And you're done!
--
HTH,

RD

"Becca" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet witn 30 columns and 15 rows with data and want to flip
it so that the columns become the rows and vice versa.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy the range of Data.

Select a cell that will not be overwritten well away from that range or insert a
new sheet.

EditPasteSpecialTransposeOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP