Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default Text Import Wizard

How can I limit the number of lines the Wizard imports? I.e. want to limit
the import to the first 53 lines of a file that has 300 lines.

Want to import the first "XX" set of lines in a Delimited format (since this
is the header), then the other lines with the Fixed Width format.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dan wrote:
How can I limit the number of lines the Wizard imports? I.e. want to
limit the import to the first 53 lines of a file that has 300 lines.

Want to import the first "XX" set of lines in a Delimited format
(since this is the header), then the other lines with the Fixed Width
format.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

You can first import your .txt in Delimited format, then delete the rows
from XX+1 and then import the file again from XX+1 in Fixed Width format.
You can also record some macro to automatize the process, if you need...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Unfortnately the Import Wizard will not let you do this. If the file is
opened the first time you can not open it a second time without loosing the
information from the fist time.