Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Old Bob

Default Text Import wizard

If I am in an excel spreadsheet and I try to open a .txt file, the test
Import wizard used to open so I could determine columns and data etc. Now,
when I try to open the file, the wizard does not open..excel opens with a new
spreadsheet. How do I get the wizard to open again? My firm re-imaged my
machine and all kinds of things are off.
--
Old Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amy Beth

If you right click on the file that you are opening and select "open with" it
should give the option of excel, from there it should walk you through the
wizard. It is a matter of needing make the .txt file using the "text to
columns" feature? If you open it in excel and it has all the data jumbled
together. You highlight column A and select "text to column" from there it
will walk you through the delimited tab wizard.

AB