Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Relpace entire address with street name only, searching with wildc

I have a database with addresses that are the same, but entered differently.
ie, 123 Main Street, Suite 100; 123 Main St., Ste 100.; 123 Main Street, Ste
100

I need to replace any address containing "Main" with the text "Main".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You should be able to do this with Find/Replace. Select your range of
addresses. Then from the Edit Menu, select "Replace..."

In the Find what field enter: *main*
In the Replace with field enter: main

Click Replace All. That should do it.

HTH,
Elkar

"bclancy12" wrote:

I have a database with addresses that are the same, but entered differently.
ie, 123 Main Street, Suite 100; 123 Main St., Ste 100.; 123 Main Street, Ste
100

I need to replace any address containing "Main" with the text "Main".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello bclancy12,

Why not try Find Replace

ie. Find "Main Street" then Replace "Main"

then Find "Main Ste" then Replace "Main"

oldchippy

--
oldchippy
oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Relpace entire address with street name only, searching with w

That works, I was missing the second * after "main" so it was leaving the
rest of the address there. I was hoping there was a formula that I could use
so that this would be a little bit less manual, but this will work. Thanks!!