Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TheOne

Default Merge address in XL to Word letter template

Friends,
Here is the basic situation. I have about 10 excel sheets containing
addresses of thousands of contacts. They are written like this:
[prior title][first name][middle name][last name][end
title][street address line 1][street address line 2][street address
line 3][city, state zip]

Not all cells, like titles, contain data for all persons. Anyway, what
I need is a way to insert, automatically, these addresses into the
proper address space in a prewritten letter and on an envelope. I know
how to merge to create address labels in word, but not merge them into
a completed letter, as in:

Word File:
===
December 7, 2005

[Prior Title][First Name][Middle Name][Last Name][End Title]
[Street Address Line 1]
[Street Address Line 2]
[Street Address Line 3]
[City, State Zip]

Dear [Prior Title][First Name][Last Name][End Title]

How are you, blah, blah, important stuff, blah.

Sincerely,

TheOne
============

So, one letter, thousands of different addresses. What do you folks
think I can do to achieve this? Any suggestions, except for how to make
normal address labels, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TheOne

--
TheOne
TheOne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hhalle

Hi TheOne,

It works principally the same way as with the labels, create a new
document, under Tools you a menu option that leads you to the creation
of merged documents.

You have to choose the document and the source file and then you can
add the fields as you wish,

You can open the ready-made letter and past it and you have your
letter, you will have to select the next source file untill you have
run the 10 of then condition to simplify it all is that all the column
headers are identical in all the 10 excel sheets.

I cant give you the exact menu options names since I use a Dutch
version and the menu names are different.

Good luck

Hans

--
hhalle