Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FORMULA HELP

I have a column of cells with numbers like 5.10, 4.10, and whole integers
like 60,65,70,etc. the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are in
feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches. If I want all the numbers to
appear in inches format in the next column ,what formula do I apply.That is
the values inches should remain as they are and the values in feet should be
converted into inches and displayed. The feet measurements are below 9 feet
in value.
any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.
thank you guys and have a nice day
steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wouldn't just =INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100

I don't think so. According the the post, values without decimal places are
already stated in inches:
the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are in feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches<<

So you wouldn't want 10 converted to 12.
But you would want 10.4 converted to 124.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message

B1: =IF(INT(A1)=A1,A1,INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100)

Wouldn't just =INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100

work just as well?

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try something like this:

For a value in A1

B1: =IF(INT(A1)=A1,A1,INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100)

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"steve" wrote:

I have a column of cells with numbers like 5.10, 4.10, and whole integers
like 60,65,70,etc. the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are
in
feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches. If I want all the numbers to
appear in inches format in the next column ,what formula do I apply.That
is
the values inches should remain as they are and the values in feet should
be
converted into inches and displayed. The feet measurements are below 9
feet
in value.
any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.
thank you guys and have a nice day
steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So you wouldn't want 10 converted to 12.
But you would want 10.4 converted to 124.

....That should have been

So you wouldn't want 10 converted to 120.
But you would want 10.4 converted to 124.

(is it Friday, yet?)
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"steve" wrote:

I have a column of cells with numbers like 5.10, 4.10, and whole integers
like 60,65,70,etc. the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are
in
feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches. If I want all the numbers to
appear in inches format in the next column ,what formula do I apply.That
is
the values inches should remain as they are and the values in feet should
be
converted into inches and displayed. The feet measurements are below 9
feet
in value.
any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.
thank you guys and have a nice day
steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Think this works

=IF(INT(A1)=A1,A1,INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*12)

VBA noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes you're quite right - I would be better at this game if I could read. <g

Just for fun an alternative could be:

=INT(A1)*12^(MOD(A1,1)0)+MOD(A1,1)*100

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron,

Your system clock seems to be off by a day. Please fix it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 7 Aug 2006 20:26:36 -0700, "Harlan Grove" wrote:

Ron,

Your system clock seems to be off by a day. Please fix it.

Yes, someone pointed that out to me yesterday. I don't know how it got changed
but it seems to be OK now (since I corrected it last night). I'll have to keep
a closer eye on it.

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:02:53 -0700, steve
wrote:

I have a column of cells with numbers like 5.10, 4.10, and whole integers
like 60,65,70,etc. the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are in
feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches. If I want all the numbers to
appear in inches format in the next column ,what formula do I apply.That is
the values inches should remain as they are and the values in feet should be
converted into inches and displayed. The feet measurements are below 9 feet
in value.
any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.
thank you guys and have a nice day
steve

If you happen to have the Analysis ToolPak installed, you could use:

=IF(A1=INT(A1),A1,DOLLARDE(A1,12)*12)

otherwise

=IF(A1=INT(A1),A1,INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100)

--ron