Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FORMULA HELP

Try something like this:

For a value in A1

B1: =IF(INT(A1)=A1,A1,INT(A1)*12+MOD(A1,1)*100)

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"steve" wrote:

I have a column of cells with numbers like 5.10, 4.10, and whole integers
like 60,65,70,etc. the whole numbers are in inches and the fractions are in
feet and inches like 5feet and ten inches. If I want all the numbers to
appear in inches format in the next column ,what formula do I apply.That is
the values inches should remain as they are and the values in feet should be
converted into inches and displayed. The feet measurements are below 9 feet
in value.
any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.
thank you guys and have a nice day
steve