Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding minutes to Times

Hi

I have a spreadsheet which contains Times, and I wish to add minutes, anyone
know the formula required?

E.g

Time is 0615 and I wish to add 248 minutes, although this could be any value
of minutes.

I've tried something like : (Where A1 = 06:15:00 )
= A1 + 245, but that doesn't work obviously, so I tried to isolate the
Minute portion using MINUTE(A1) + 245, but this doesn't take in to account
of the hours.

Does anybody have a simple formula which can perform this?

Kind Regards

Ricky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

To Excel, 1 day is 1.00. So 12 hours is 0.5, etc. To add 'minutes' you'll
need to divide the number (in your example, 245) by 24 and then by 60.

=A1+(245/24/60)

or if your minutes are in A2:
=A1+(A2/24/60)

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"ricky" wrote in message
Hi

I have a spreadsheet which contains Times, and I wish to add minutes,
anyone
know the formula required?

E.g

Time is 0615 and I wish to add 248 minutes, although this could be any
value
of minutes.

I've tried something like : (Where A1 = 06:15:00 )
= A1 + 245, but that doesn't work obviously, so I tried to isolate the
Minute portion using MINUTE(A1) + 245, but this doesn't take in to account
of the hours.

Does anybody have a simple formula which can perform this?

Kind Regards

Ricky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=A1+B1/60/24

where A1 contains the time (eg 06:15:00) and B1 contains the minutes as
whole numbers. Format the cell containing the formula as time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

ricky wrote:
Hi

I have a spreadsheet which contains Times, and I wish to add minutes, anyone
know the formula required?

E.g

Time is 0615 and I wish to add 248 minutes, although this could be any value
of minutes.

I've tried something like : (Where A1 = 06:15:00 )
= A1 + 245, but that doesn't work obviously, so I tried to isolate the
Minute portion using MINUTE(A1) + 245, but this doesn't take in to account
of the hours.

Does anybody have a simple formula which can perform this?

Kind Regards

Ricky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ricky,

use the built in time function. A1 + Time([hours], [mins], [secs])

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks for the responses chaps.

Kind Regards