Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I am looking for the author of this script

Some months ago I asked for help with a script, to traspose several records
listed in column A. Each record would be separated by an empty row. Row 1
was to be empty as well.

I have lost track of the author's name over the time I've used this script
and I want to correct that. I would like your help to find the author so I
can give him/her proper credit/recognition.

The script is as follows:

' Purpose: Transposes cells from column A and sorts for each record
' Additional Comments: This is most useful when files are received where
database appears on more than one line for the same record
'
'
'
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myArea As Range
'
With Worksheets("transpose")
Set myRng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myRng = .Range("a:a").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstan ts)
On Error GoTo 0
'
If myRng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No Values in this worksheet!"
Exit Sub
End If
'
For Each myArea In myRng.Areas
myArea.Copy
myArea.Cells(1).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
Next myArea
'
On Error Resume Next
.Range("b:b").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) .EntireRow.Delete
.Columns(1).Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It looks like Dave Peterson's work:

http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...fcae958?hl=en&

Mr BT wrote:
[...]

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It may have come from he

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...bcff4c6273647b

or
http://snipurl.com/ui2b

And I'm sure the original author is happy with your thoughts.

Mr BT wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The link below took me to the posting i was thinking of. The author of the
"answered" post was Dave Peterson, but was that not also your/his work? I
want to be sure I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Thanks again..

Mr BT