Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default add file name to spreadsheet

Is there a vba function or formual that I can use to add the file's name to
my spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=cell("filename")

"EducatingMom" wrote:

Is there a vba function or formual that I can use to add the file's name to
my spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"EducatingMom" wrote in message
Is there a vba function or formual that I can use to add the file's name

my spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, I was looking for a formula that would put the filename into the
spreadsheet instead of me typing in the actual filename. I want to use this
formula on several different files.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

=cell("filename")

"EducatingMom" wrote:

Is there a vba function or formual that I can use to add the file's name to
my spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mom,

Duke gave you the actual formula, =CELL("filename") the filename inbetween
the quotes is what pulls the actual filename from the file, and will change
automatically if you "save as" and give it a new filename. Try
=CELL("filename") exactly as you see it here. (look up the CELL worksheet
function in help...)

Beege

"EducatingMom" wrote in message
Thanks, I was looking for a formula that would put the filename into the
spreadsheet instead of me typing in the actual filename. I want to use
this
formula on several different files.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

=cell("filename")