Rykar2

Default Mirror spreadsheet?

Hi there,
What I'm trying to do is work in a spreadsheet and having an exact one as a
backup, like when you link cells and when you change one cell the other one
change too, but in this case I need the whole spreadsheet, when I work in one
the other one change, add or delete data too. It would work like a mirror
hard drive.
Is this posible?
Thanks in advance.
Rick
pameluh

From Microsoft's help file
-----------------
Automatically save a backup copy of a workbook

You can use AutoRecover to have Excel automatically save a backup copy each
time you save a workbook. The backup copy provides you with a previously
saved copy, so you have the current saved information in the original
workbook and the information saved prior to that in the backup copy. Each
time you save the workbook, a new backup copy replaces the existing backup
copy. Saving a backup copy can protect your work if you accidentally save
changes that you don't want to keep or delete the original file.

On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the Save tab, select the Save AutoRecover info every check box.
In the minutes box, type or select a number to specify the interval for how
often you want to save files.
The more frequently your files are saved, the more information is recovered
if there is a power failure or similar problem while a file is open.

Note: AutoRecover is not a replacement for regularly saving your files. If
you choose not to save the recovery file after opening it, the file is
deleted and your unsaved changes are lost. If you save the recovery file, it
replaces the original file (unless you specify a new file name).

"Rykar2" wrote:

Hi there,
What I'm trying to do is work in a spreadsheet and having an exact one as a
backup, like when you link cells and when you change one cell the other one
change too, but in this case I need the whole spreadsheet, when I work in one
the other one change, add or delete data too. It would work like a mirror
hard drive.
Is this posible?
Thanks in advance.
Rick

Rykar2

Thanks a lot for your quick response. What I really need to do is this:
I work with different spreadsheets everyday and I want to have all of them
in one master workbook, so I only open that workbook and switch from one
spreadsheet to the other, because I have a many different pages and other
programs open at the same time. Now, at the end of the day I have to send
those spreadsheets to different people but I can't send all the information
to the same people, for example:
My master workbook has spreadsheet "1", "2", "3", "4", but at the end of the
day I need to send only spreadsheet "1" to persone "A", spreadsheet "2" to
person "B", spreadsheet "3" to person "C" and so on. So I want to have like a
mirror (that's what I call it) on spreadsheet "1" saved as a worksheet so at
the end of the day I don't have to copy and paste the whole spreadsheet into
and new workbook(file).
U got it?
I hope so!!!
Thanks again.

"pameluh" wrote:

From Microsoft's help file
-----------------

"Rykar2" wrote:

Hi there,
What I'm trying to do is work in a spreadsheet and having an exact one as a
backup, like when you link cells and when you change one cell the other one
change too, but in this case I need the whole spreadsheet, when I work in one
the other one change, add or delete data too. It would work like a mirror
hard drive.
Is this posible?
Thanks in advance.
Rick

pameluh

Oh well that's easy :)

Right click on the tab | Move or copy | To book: (new book) or if you have
the spreadsheet for person A open, select that filename | Before sheet
(select the sheet before which you want the tab to appear. If you're copying
to a new book, this will be blank) | Check the box that says Create a copy |
Save (you'll need to create a file name if you're copying to a blank
workbook) | Email

Pamela :)

"Rykar2" wrote:

[...]

"pameluh" wrote:

From Microsoft's help file
-----------------

"Rykar2" wrote:

Hi there,
What I'm trying to do is work in a spreadsheet and having an exact one as a
backup, like when you link cells and when you change one cell the other one
change too, but in this case I need the whole spreadsheet, when I work in one
the other one change, add or delete data too. It would work like a mirror
hard drive.
Is this posible?
Thanks in advance.
Rick

pameluh

You can't create a "linked" spreadsheet to email around because the "linked"
data will be looking for your master file to find the data. The way I
described below is the only way I can think of that will insert the raw data
into a new sheet that can be emailed w/o links.

"Rykar2" wrote:

[...]

"pameluh" wrote:

From Microsoft's help file