Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default roundup by 16s

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to type in a number and roundup
to the largest multiple of 16 with a minimum of 64.

For example, if I type in 60 in Cell A1, then in cell A2 I want it to
roundup to 64.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

For a value in A1

B1: =MAX(CEILING(A1,16),64)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote:

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to type in a number and roundup
to the largest multiple of 16 with a minimum of 64.

For example, if I type in 60 in Cell A1, then in cell A2 I want it to
roundup to 64.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In A2,

=MAX(64,IF(MROUND(A1,16)<A1,MROUND(A1+16,16),MROUN D(A1,16)))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP