-   -   roundup by 16s (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/101942-roundup-16s.html)

Sum Limit and marking

roundup by 16s

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to type in a number and roundup
to the largest multiple of 16 with a minimum of 64.

For example, if I type in 60 in Cell A1, then in cell A2 I want it to
roundup to 64.

Thanks.

Jerry W. Lewis

roundup by 16s

See Help for MROUND() which is part of the Analysis ToolPak.

Jerry

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote:

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to type in a number and roundup
to the largest multiple of 16 with a minimum of 64.

For example, if I type in 60 in Cell A1, then in cell A2 I want it to
roundup to 64.

Thanks.

Ron Coderre

roundup by 16s

Try this:

For a value in A1

B1: =MAX(CEILING(A1,16),64)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote:

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to type in a number and roundup
to the largest multiple of 16 with a minimum of 64.

For example, if I type in 60 in Cell A1, then in cell A2 I want it to
roundup to 64.

Thanks.

Bernie Deitrick

roundup by 16s

In A2,

=MAX(64,IF(MROUND(A1,16)<A1,MROUND(A1+16,16),MROUN D(A1,16)))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP