Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need quick "if" function

How do I get a value to repeat itself if it's under or over a certain value.

for example. Is a value is greater than 5 in one cell, then I want to
repeat it in another column of cells
I want to do the same for when a value is less than say, 5.1 ... and have it
repeat in a different column of cells.

What's the easiest way to do that?
Thanks so much. Diana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure if I follow your question.

Think you want to show a number as long as it's not 5

If that's correct say put this forumla in B2 and drag to what every
cells you want to populate. enter number to repeat in cell A1

=IF($A$1<5,A1,"")

If you want to repeat the value in the same cell then use where 6 is
the number of times you want it to repeat

=IF($A$1<5,REPT(A1,6),"")

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob