Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to fill a different series?

i have a series. a2b a3b a4b a5b how do i use a fill function to fill out the
rest a6b a7b a8b and so on and not a2b again a3b

thanks?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jared,

Create a custom format "a"0"b" , you can then enter just number 2 in
first cell, 3 in second cell and drag it to fill
--
Hope this helps,
MarkN

"Jared" wrote:

i have a series. a2b a3b a4b a5b how do i use a fill function to fill out the
rest a6b a7b a8b and so on and not a2b again a3b

thanks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It works but the true underlying value of the cell is the number and not the
entire string:

a2b = true value is 2, not a2b.

Biff

"Jared" wrote:

i have a series. a2b a3b a4b a5b how do i use a fill function to fill
out the
rest a6b a7b a8b and so on and not a2b again a3b

thanks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

One way:

If you're filling down:

="a"&ROW(A2)&"b"

If you're filling across:

="a"&COLUMN(B2)&"b"

Then you can convert the formulas to constants by:

Selecting the range of formulas.
Goto EditCopy
Then, EditPaste SpecialValuesOK

Biff