Patrick

Default Formula Arrays VERY SLOW in Excel 2002

I am currently testing/comparing Excel
2002 (Windows XP)
and Excel 97 (Windows NT). I have a
spreadsheet with 50-
75 Formula Arrays (i.e. =sum(if
(A1:A5="A",B1:B5))) that
seems to be taking a very long time to
calculate. My
process is to turn calcs off (application.calc
=
xlmanual), then insert some new data,
then turn calcs back
on (application.calc = xlautomatic).
In my testing process, I have found that it
takes 5-10
times longer in Excel 2002 compared to
Excel 97!!
Does anybody have any suggestions on
why this is happening
and what I could do to fix it?
Jason Morin

Patrick-

For starters, your formula doesn't need to be array-
entered. Simply use:

=SUMIF(A1:A5,"A",B1:B15)

entered normally. See if this changes affects the speed.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.