Sukismomma

Default Formula help for using a range of cells!

Hi All,

I have a workbook that has multiple sheets. Each sheet/tab has a different
project name but the cells A:13 - A:19 on each sheet all refer to team
members names. On a new worksheet w/in the workbook I want have a list of
team members names in Column A and want to add in the number of times their
name appears w/in cells A:13-A:19 across all worksheets. For Example:

Multi Sheets have the following names in the range of cells:
John
Mike
Chris

Chris shows up 5 times total throughout all the sheets so on the New Sheet
"Resources" I want it to look like this:

Column A Column B
John 0
Mike 0
Chris 5 - this is a sum of the number of times "Chris" was
listed in the cells across all the worksheets.

Help!! It may be simple, but I am stuck in the mud....
Thanks in advance!

RagDyer

It could be very simple *if* you assigned each name to the same cell on each
sheet.
It doesn't appear too difficult, since you mention only 6 cells (A13:A19),
and I presume there are *only* 6 names to populate those cells.
If my assumption is correct, and you could *always* enter:
John A13
Mike A14
Chris A15
.... etc.
Then this formula could total a particular cell across *all* the sheets.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A13)
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A14)
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A15)

If you have elaborate names for your sheets, you could simply insert a Blank
sheet at the beginning and end of the WB, and name them "Start" and "End"
(no quotes), and use this formula:

=SUM(Start:End!A13)

Where the sheets *physically* in between the Start and End sheets will be
totaled.
--

HTH,

RD

"Sukismomma" wrote in message
[...]

Sukismomma

Hello!

I wish it were that simple and my apologies for not making the example
broader. I do have only the 6 cells but I have about 45 resource names. I
don't want to have 45 blank cells on each sheet for each of the resource to
match to. Maybe I missed something in your explaination if that wouldn't be
the case.

Please correct me if I am misstating your response,
Thank you!

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

RagDyer

You understood my response very well.

I'm sorry that I don't have a suggestion for your particular scenario.
XL is not too strong on 3D computation.
Maybe someone else will have a suggestion for you.