Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I say "if this cell is blank, use this formula...

I'd like to set up a formula (function?) that says,
If this cell is blank, then use this formula.
If the same cell has data, then use this forumula.
But I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be great.
I know the two formula's I want to use, I just don't know how to direct the
cell to the right one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is definitely helping to get me in the right direction. I understand
that I need to put the cell that I want to check whether it is blank or not.
I'm not sure what to do w/ the function portion. So currently my formual
looks like this
=if(isblank(j22),=-e22+today()_if_blank,=j22-e22_if_non_blank)
Of course this isn't translating, but it's closer to where I should be.