Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi Connie,

try
=if(iserror(vlookup(c2,f:f,1,0)),"false","true")

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"connie" escreveu:

ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

connie Wrote:
ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'.
Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")

Try: =IF(Match(c2,F:F,0),"true")

Scott

--