-   -   Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/100652-using-if-statement-compare-cell-id-data-another-column-tru.html)

connie

Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")

Marcelo

Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

hi Connie,

try
=if(iserror(vlookup(c2,f:f,1,0)),"false","true")

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"connie" escreveu:

ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")

Maistrye

connie Wrote:
ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'.
Here
is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
=IF(C2=F:F,"true")

Try: =IF(Match(c2,F:F,0),"true")

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078

connie

Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column

I had already used the previous answer which worked.... thanks for a quick
response!