Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Round one cell depending on value of another

Hi all

I'm trying to calculate the number of resource days needed for a variety of
events which are either 0.5, 1 or 2 days long. The event length is in
Column J.

The events are each for 8 people, so I can calculate the approximate number
of events by dividing the audience by 8 and multiplying by the event length.
This is in column M of my spreadsheet.

However, I need to round that up because an event can only be a set length
(0.5, 1 or 2). I want to put that value in column N.

Is there a formula (using MROUND perhaps?) that will calculate the value in
N depending on the value in J and M?

I tried =MROUND(M1, J1) but got #NAME?

Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Thanks
SueJB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav Dav is offline

=ceiling(m1*j1,1)

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"SueJB" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm trying to calculate the number of resource days needed for a variety
of
events which are either 0.5, 1 or 2 days long. The event length is in
Column J.

The events are each for 8 people, so I can calculate the approximate
number
of events by dividing the audience by 8 and multiplying by the event
length.
This is in column M of my spreadsheet.

However, I need to round that up because an event can only be a set length
(0.5, 1 or 2). I want to put that value in column N.

Is there a formula (using MROUND perhaps?) that will calculate the value
in
N depending on the value in J and M?

I tried =MROUND(M1, J1) but got #NAME?

Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Yes, I would suggest the use of Excel's help on the MROUND function:

"...
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How? ..."
--
David Biddulph