Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking to other sheets (depending of a cell)

Hi!
I have a problem to make a link to an other sheet depending of what you
write in a cell. If you write "sheet2" in a specific cell I want to have
"sheet2" in the link!
Ex: I write "sheet3" in cell D2.
In an other cell I want a link like "[Object1.xls]D2$B$1.
D2=depending of what you write in D2! In this ex. should the link be:
[Object1.xls]sheet3!$B$1

Help me please!!

--
petterss
petterss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36354

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi petterss,

=INDIRECT("[Object1.xls]" & D2 &"!$B$1")

should be what you're looking for.

Regards,
Ingolf