Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filling Cells with one Static Cell

Hi everyone,

Completely new here. Trying to create an order form for my office. I
have worked on this problem for two days now, trying everything.

I have about three hundred items with a selection of prices. And I have
a discount cell (b20), that changes depending on the customer. My
pricing is listed in the c column. So I am dragging the bottom right of
the box with my formula.

My problem is I need this formula to fill normally (c23, c24, c25, et
cetera) with my c column price, but still use the percentage in my b20
cell.

Does this make any sense? Am I explaining myself well? And can anyone
help?

Thanks so much for your time,
misc office staff

--
miscofficestaff
miscofficestaff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36553

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

miscofficestaff Wrote:
Hi everyone,

Completely new here. Trying to create an order form for my office. I
have worked on this problem for two days now, trying everything.

I have about three hundred items with a selection of prices. And I have
a discount cell (b20), that changes depending on the customer. My
pricing is listed in the c column. So I am dragging the bottom right of
the box with my formula.

My problem is I need this formula to fill normally (c23, c24, c25, et
cetera) with my c column price, but still use the percentage in my b20
cell.

Does this make any sense? Am I explaining myself well? And can anyone
help?

Thanks so much for your time,
misc office staff

I'm assuming that your percentage is say 90%, but you can make suitable
adjustments however you did it.

Use the formula =C23*$B$20

and drag down.

The $ keeps either the column or row from changing, depending on which
one you put it in front of.

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

miscofficestaff wrote:
[...]

Hi,

I'm not quiet sure what you are looking for but it sounds like you
could benefit from looking into relative and absolute cell references
in the online help (F1).
Something like locking cell b20 with $ signs: $B$2 and then drag down
might be the solution.

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It works! Eureka!