Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Simple If formula but can't get my head around it!

I have column A which has a score in it . In column B I have the formula:

=IF(A2=326,"Pass","Fail")

This works ok but enters Fail even if there is no entry in column A. I want
to add to the formula the condition that if the cell is blank then the cell
in column B should also be blank.

I would be grateful for any help,

Thanks,

Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

This will also check for TEXT in A2.........

=IF(OR(A2="",ISTEXT(A2)),"",IF(A2=326,"Pass","Fai l"))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cheryl" wrote:

I have column A which has a score in it . In column B I have the formula:

=IF(A2=326,"Pass","Fail")

This works ok but enters Fail even if there is no entry in column A. I want
to add to the formula the condition that if the cell is blank then the cell
in column B should also be blank.

I would be grateful for any help,

Thanks,

Cheryl