Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default dynamic summary table

Hi,

I have a table with project names in column A, Resource names in column B,
and the amount of time each resource will spend on the project in Jan, Feb,
March etc in columns C, D, E etc.

On another sheet, I want a summary table, which will have the totals for
each month for each project. So in the summary, Column A will have 1 row for
each project, and Column B will show total for Jan etc.

The problem I have is, how do I make this dynamic? I.e. the number of
project will change, as will the number of resources on each project.

Thanks for any help anyone can give

Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the summary resource names appear redundant so assuming [a] project name
in your "Detail" sheet is in every row in column A then your "Summary" sheet
you could use SUMPRODUCT

For January in column B2 of "Summary"

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Detail!$A$2:$A$200=Summary!$A2),(Detail!C$2:C$200 ))

where Summary A2 has the project name

Copy across and down

HTH