Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I automatically jump to the present date in a roster?

Is it possible to jump direct to the present date after opening a month-roster?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at using the "Workbook_Open" event with suitable VBA code. More detail
is required if you want sample code i.e. what data (the date) is where in
what worksheet.

Is it possible to jump direct to the present date after opening a month-roster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

a sample formula would be great !
it is all about a single sheet but with rather large cells. Therefor not all
dates of a month (ore more) are visible at the same time and I have to scroll
to the present date to see my tasks in the roster.
First columm indicates the datefield, while the first row indicates the
people working the roster.
Hope this helped a bid more?

Thanks

Is it possible to jump direct to the present date after opening a month-roster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Place the sample code in "Thisworkbook" of your w/book

to do:

Alt+F11 to open Visuel Basic editor (VBE)
Right click on "Thisworkbook" in the VBA project window (on left of screen)
Click "View Code"
Copy/Paste code below

Make any change to sheet and/or range.

Close your w/book

Open workbook and it should position you at today's (or nearest) date.

HTH

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A:A")
Set res = .Find(Date) ' <=== Find today's date
If Not res Is Nothing Then
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = res.Row '<=== scroll to row
.Cells(res.Row, "A").Select
End If
End With

End Sub