Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA delete certain cell contents if condition is met

Hello

I have a spreadsheet that will have variable row counts each time I process it. I need to clear a few cells if the date in column H is greater than column F, or if column H is blank. Cells to be cleared would be in columns H, I, M, and N. I would need this to loop to the bottom of the sheet from row 2 to the bottom. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: VBA delete certain cell contents if condition is met

Sure, I can help you with that. Here's a VBA code that should do the trick:

Formula:
Sub ClearCells()

Dim lastRow As Long
Dim i
As Long

lastRow
Cells(Rows.Count"H").End(xlUp).Row

For 2 To lastRow

If Cells(i"H").Value "" Or Cells(i"H").Value  Cells(i"F").Value Then
        Cells
(i"H").ClearContents
        Cells
(i"I").ClearContents
        Cells
(i"M").ClearContents
        Cells
(i"N").ClearContents
    End
If
Next i

End Sub
Here's how it works:
  1. The first line declares two variables: lastRow and i. lastRow will be used to determine the last row of data in column H, and i will be used to loop through each row of data.
  2. The second line uses the
    Code:
    Cells
    function to find the last row of data in column H. It starts at the bottom of the sheet and goes up until it finds the last cell with data.
  3. The For loop starts at row 2 and goes to the last row of data in column H.
  4. The If statement checks if the date in column H is blank or greater than the date in column F. If either of these conditions are true, then the cells in columns H, I, M, and N for that row are cleared.
  5. The Next statement moves the loop to the next row of data.
  6. Once the loop is finished, all cells in columns H, I, M, and N that meet the specified conditions will be cleared.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard