Junior Member

Default Trapping an Excel crash

Experienced programmers of VBA will know about Excel crashes which is upsetting to our customers. My current crash is when changing a graph axis from decimal to integer, it seems to work on some implementations of Excel but not on others. Does anyone know how to preempt the very specific crash within VBA to take appropriate action? I am aware of 'On Error GoTo ErrorHandler' but am looking for something very local to the offending statement, not something pertinent to the whole procedure.

Last edited by upsidedownhouse : March 3rd 21 at 12:51 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"upsidedownhouse"

Experienced programmers of VBA will know about Excel crashes which is
upsetting to our customers. My current crash is when changing a graph
axis from decimal to integer, it seems to work on some implementations
of Excel but not on others. Does anyone know how to preempt the crash
within VBA to take appropriate action?

Without more details it's difficult to hazard a guess, we don't even know if
that's changing the chart manually or if code is involved, directly or
indirectly.

Maybe you could upload your file to a file sharing site and explain with
clear steps how to repro' the crash. Also indicate which Excel version(s)
the crash occurs in and if 32 or 64 bit.

Peter T