Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activex component cannot create object Excel 365 for mac

I have excel 365 on my PC and the VBA for sending email from excel to outlook works perfectly. I transferred the same code to excel 365 for mac and it will not run. Apparently the Outlook object reference is missing in the references library. I cannot find the Outlook Object in the references library and the library shows a message Missing: Microsoft Outlook 16.0 Object library

So I tried creating outlook as an object but it still fails (BTW I am not a programmer, found this on the web). The Microsoft Office 16.0 Object and Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object libraries are checked in references.

Send email
Dim olApp As Object
Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

this fails with error "Activex component cannot create object"

On my PC the following code works and the OutlookObject is in the reference library

Dim olMail As Outlook.MailItem
Set olMail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

but Fails on the MAC with a library missing error

What am I doing wrong or how do I get the missing library??

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 22/02/2021 18:30, lamar spalding wrote:
I have excel 365 on my PC and the VBA for sending email from excel to outlook works perfectly. I transferred the same code to excel 365 for mac and it will not run. Apparently the Outlook object reference is missing in the references library. I cannot find the Outlook Object in the references library and the library shows a message Missing: Microsoft Outlook 16.0 Object library

So I tried creating outlook as an object but it still fails (BTW I am not a programmer, found this on the web). The Microsoft Office 16.0 Object and Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object libraries are checked in references.

According to a post on stackexchange

https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...ok-2016-on-mac

"both Outlook and OneNote do not support VBA on the Mac (although Excel,
PowerPoint and Word do)".

A Workaround mentioned is Applescript.

--
Adrian C
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"lamar spalding" wrote in message
I have excel 365 on my PC and the VBA for sending email from excel to
outlook works perfectly. I transferred the same code to excel 365 for mac
and it will not run. Apparently the Outlook object reference is missing in
the references library. I cannot find the Outlook Object in the references
library and the library shows a message Missing: Microsoft Outlook 16.0
Object library

Outlook can't be automated in 365 for Mac, start here with Ron de Bruin's
'Excel for Mac' site -

https://www.macexcel.com/examples/mailpdf/macoutlook/

Peter T