Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Activex component cannot create object Excel 365 for mac

On 22/02/2021 18:30, lamar spalding wrote:
I have excel 365 on my PC and the VBA for sending email from excel to outlook works perfectly. I transferred the same code to excel 365 for mac and it will not run. Apparently the Outlook object reference is missing in the references library. I cannot find the Outlook Object in the references library and the library shows a message Missing: Microsoft Outlook 16.0 Object library

So I tried creating outlook as an object but it still fails (BTW I am not a programmer, found this on the web). The Microsoft Office 16.0 Object and Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object libraries are checked in references.

According to a post on stackexchange

https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...ok-2016-on-mac

"both Outlook and OneNote do not support VBA on the Mac (although Excel,
PowerPoint and Word do)".

A Workaround mentioned is Applescript.

--
Adrian C